Chocolate Brazil Nut Balls
Brazil nuts are high in selenium. and one of the thyroid diet recipes.The thyroid has the highest selenium content of any organ, and studies suggest that selenium deficiencies may be a primary cause of thyroid disorders.
1/4 cup cocoa butter, melted
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup almond butter
2 tablespoons Maple syrup
1/4 tsp sea salt + additional for sprinkling
1 cup brazil nuts
- Melt the cocoa butter in a saucepan over a gentle heat.
- Combine the cocoa butter, almond butter, cocoa, maple syrup , and sea salt in the food processor and process until the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Add the brazil nuts to the food processor.
- Process until chopped up and combined.
- Shape into balls, and put into a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the top with crumbled brazil nuts and sea salt.
- Put in the fridge to harden, then put into an airtight container and store in the fridge.