Warm Roasted Vegetable and White Bean Salad
This simple warm salad is packed full of antioxidant rich vegetables, including beta carotene, which is a precursor to vitamin A. Sprinkle with some iodine rich seaweed flakes just before serving. For additional protein, add one hard boiled egg per serving.
450g butternut squash peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
1 sweet potato peeled and cut into chunks
2 red onions cut into wedges
2 red peppers cut into large chunks
2 yellow peppers cut into chunks
2 courgettes cut into thick slices
2 x 400g tins of cannellini beans drained and rinsed
1 nori sheet crumbled or sea vegetable flakes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons pine nuts to serve.
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 garlic cloves crushed
½ teaspoon ground cumin
Zest and juice of ½ lemon
2 teaspoons of honey
Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the coconut oil in the pan and stir in the remaining ingredients to make the marinade.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the vegetables in a roasting dish and drizzle over the marinade.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and stir in the beans.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle over the nori or sea vegetable flakes, fresh mint leaves and pine nuts to serve.