Fish Pie recipe has Rich in Iodine, Selenium, Vitamin A, B vitamins and a little iron.
800g mixed boneless non farmed fish (Wild salmon, cod and haddock or others you like) cut into chunks
3 celery stalks chopped fine
½ fennel chopped into thin slices (in season at the moment)
1 red pepper chopped fine
1x low salt Kallo organic chicken or vegetable stock cube in 300ml water
1 knob butter
1-2 tsp seaweed flakes
1 tsp coriander fresh chopped or paste
1 tsp dried tarragon
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 bay leaf
For the Topping:
750g sweet potatoes peeled and chopped into chunks
- Melt the butter in a casserole dish, add fish and herbs and brown the fish on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add in celery, fennel, peppers and the stock cube in water.
- Add the bay leaf, spinach and 1 tablespoon lemon juice and leave to simmer (covered) on a low heat for 1-1.5 hours.
- Boil the sweet potato until it’s a little soft but not mushy, a fork should pierce it without crumbling.
- Drain it fully and put back on a low heat while mashing it to make it fluffy.
- Remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Set oven to 160 degrees Celsius and spread the base in an oven dish, leaving excess fluid behind if it has too much.
- Gently spread the mash potato over the top.
- Run a fork through it and add your toppings before baking it for 20-30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.